Celebrate The Great Outdoors, California-Style
Whether immersing yourself in nature for wellness, fitness or just for fun, Burbank has it all. From Wisdom Tree hikes and Goat Yoga to America’s fastest growing sport, pickleball and Cyro Wellness treatments, you’ll find your vibe and discover a few new ones. Find your invigorating and inspiring activity in Burbank from our curated list below.
Feel the need for speed?
If it’s exhilaration you’re after, there are tons of fast-paced sports and thrills available to you – all you have to do is show up. Check these out:
- Disc Golf – Frisbee + Golf = a great time. Try it at DeBell Golf Club.
- Ice or roller rink skating – Enjoy a turn on the rink all year round on a National Hockey League size rink at LA Kings Burbank Sports Center.
- Tennis, pickleball, basketball and more – There are plenty of public courts throughout Burbank to challenge your skills. What’s your fave?
- Get Extreme – Go skateboarding, BMX bicycling and even scootering at the Valley Skate Park.
Hiking isn’t just for daytime anymore.
Although Burbank has spectacular hiking throughout Griffith Park, Stough Canyon and Wildwood Canyon, you can also take a guided moonlight hike at the Stough Canyon Nature Center once a month.
- Wildwood Canyon – Trails lead up to panoramic views of Downtown Los Angeles and the Hollywood Hills.
- Stough Canyon and Nature Center – As well as offering moonlight hikes, there are lots of daytime hikes and events for young kids too.
- Griffith Park – More than 4,200 acres of parkland, chaparral, hiking trails, equestrian riding and picnic areas.
- Wisdom Tree Hike – Climb to the long pine on Burbank Peak which rises above the surrounding brush. The viewpoint also hosts views over Hollywood and the San Fernando Valley.
Easy does it.
Want to slow things down a bit? Burbank offers everything from outdoor Goat Yoga to easy par-3 golf, bike trails and much more. Here are some relaxing ways to get your recreation in.
- Try some Goat Yoga outside with rescued baby goats.
- Relax with an 18-hole game of golf, opt for an easy Par-3 course, or hit the driving range to sharpen your skills at the stunning DeBell Golf Club.
- Up for a breezy walk/jog/bike ride along the two-mile long Chandler Bikeway? It weaves through the charming Magnolia Park neighborhood, plus, the bikeway connects to several other metropolitan bike paths, including the Los Angeles River Trail.
- A whole different way to see the Hollywood Sign—from horseback!
- Explore Burbank’s art scene. Take our self-guided street art tour to visit beautiful murals including the 7 ft. tall Batman statue in Downtown Burbank.
Wellness & Relaxation
When it comes to your well-deserved wellness time, Burbank is a haven for revitalizing spas, yoga studios, chiropractic clinics and wellness activities.
- rA Organic Spa offers relaxing massages, skincare and waxing.
- Recognized as the Best Day Spa in town by the Burbank Leader, Burbank Spa & Gardens is a lush oasis and the perfect escape.
- Relax Spa & Beauty cultivates healthy skin and promotes total-body wellness with results-oriented treatments.
- Reviv’d Wellness Lounge brings state-of-the-art wellness to a new level with Red Light Pod, Cryo EMS treatments and BOA Max2 therapy.
- Stretch – The heat is on for these specialty yoga classes where trained teachers work with you to experience the healthy effects of detoxifying heat and deep stretching.
- Head on over to The Joint where chiropractors will help relieve pain and stiffness without drugs.
Burbank’s great outdoors and wellness centers have never been so enticing. This is the season to go out and discover all the open air and inspiring activities available to revitalize your senses.